We are delighted to announce that we are now accredited members of Music Mark, a national subject association for music education. Our membership has been paid for by Leicester-Shire Schools Music Service , who nominated us in recognition of the following:
- evidence of a willingness to engage in a development conversation related to improving music provision
- recognition of the value of music education as part of a broad and balanced curriculum
- a strategy for music in place, which provides for all children
School Membership is founded on Music Mark’s strategy of influencing, supporting and connecting and Music Mark aim to:
- advocate for the role of music in and beyond the curriculum
- support you in the delivery of high-quality music teaching
- connect you and your staff with the wider music education sector
This means that they will provide the school with access to resources, research and relationships within the field of Music Education.
Well done to Mr Cubitt and our music department for their commitment to the subject and our students. We look forward to bringing you some exciting news in the next newsletter about our newest music initiative for our students.
Ashby Rotary Club Young Artist 2021
Over lockdown the ADT department set a competition on behalf of the Ashby Rotary Club to find the Young Artist...
Year 7 Photography Competition
As part of Mental Health Awareness week our Year 7’s were invited to take part in a Nature themed photograph...
National Reading Quiz
Congratulations to our Year 8 and 9 teams who jumped in at late notice to take part in the live National Lit...
This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.