Should we take the decision to close the school for health and safety reasons in the event of heavy snow or dangerous icy conditions, the decision will be announced immediately in the following ways:
• The Ivanhoe College website – there will be a message on the front page. Please remember to refresh your web page at regular intervals.
• We will also send a text message to all parents whose mobile phone numbers are on our system
• We will aim to contact Radio Leicester who will include the school name in their news bulletins and on their website, http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/leicester/hi/
Any decision to close will not be taken lightly. We will always do our best to remain open. In taking the decision the following guidance from Leicestershire County Council will be followed:
• Health and Safety - will remaining open constitute a significant risk to pupils and/or staff?
• Availability of staff - has the severe weather meant that a significant number of staff have been unable to attend making it impossible to open?
Thank you to all parents/carers for your continued support.
P.E. End of Year News.
Virtual Sports Presentation Evening 2020 We held our first ever Virtual Sports Presentation Evening on Thursday 9th July. The celebration was very different to what we are used to. We usually have over 300 students and their families in the hall but for obvious reasons that couldn’t happ...
School Building News Update
During the last few weeks during our enforced school closure, we have been working behind the scenes to not only complete existing projects with restriction guidelines, but prepare for our next developments for Ivanhoe College. We are delighted to be able to share the following update: ROOF ...
Proud to support keyworkers
At Ivanhoe we are proud to be open and looking after the children of keyworkers, as well as being keyworkers o...
Home Learning - Reading Help / Lists for Year 7, 8 & 9
Reading Help & Home Reading Lists Reading Help Dear Parents and Carers, Here are some good places...
Nut Aware School
Ivanhoe College is a food allergy aware school. This letter is to inform you that there are a considerable number of students at our school who have severe food allergies. The most common of these allergens are peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish and shellfish, soy and wheat. The most serious risk in our...
This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.