Should we take the decision to close the school for health and safety reasons in the event of heavy snow or dangerous icy conditions, the decision will be announced immediately in the following ways:
• The Ivanhoe College website – there will be a message on the front page. Please remember to refresh your web page at regular intervals.
• We will also send a text message to all parents whose mobile phone numbers are on our system
• We will aim to contact Radio Leicester who will include the school name in their news bulletins and on their website, http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/leicester/hi/
Any decision to close will not be taken lightly. We will always do our best to remain open. In taking the decision the following guidance from Leicestershire County Council will be followed:
• Health and Safety - will remaining open constitute a significant risk to pupils and/or staff?
• Availability of staff - has the severe weather meant that a significant number of staff have been unable to attend making it impossible to open?
Thank you to all parents/carers for your continued support.
Poetry Competition Success
We love to celebrate the achievements of our students out of school, as well as in. Congratulations to Yea...
SEND Update October 2019
Congratulations to Mr. Gray who will be joining the SEND team as a permanent member of staff following a very successful round of interviews. The standard of candidates continues to be incredibly strong and we are delighted to welcome Mr. Gray who brings with him a wealth of experience working with ...
Balancing Screen Time for KS3 Students
Visit internetmatters.org/screentime for more advice. ...
Get into Teaching - Information Events
Student Council News
SEND Update September 2019
Congratulations and fond farewell The SEND Team would like to congratulate Mr. Orton who has been appointed as PE/ Performing Arts Assistant. He will be transitioning to this new role over the next few weeks. In order to support our LSA staffing during Mr. Orton’s transition to PE, we have we...
World Champion Rider
We love to celebrate the achievements of our students out of school, as well as in. This month ...
Ex student nominated for Girls Active Award
We are also pleased to share that one of last year’s 9s, who we nominated for the national Girls Active Infl...
This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.